You already have a fantastic website, but how do you make sure people find it? There are a number of simple steps you can take to ensure that your website is ranked highly on the main search engines.
This is a practical course, with plenty of exercises throughout, ensuring that you will be able to implement everything you learn straight away.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- make your web pages attractive to visitors and search engines
- understand how people search and how search engines work
- write optimised copy.
Who will benefit from this course?
Editors, writers, publicity staff and marketers who have a responsibility for web content and site design.
- Which search engines and which directories are most important
- How people search
- How users formulate queries
- How users view SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages): ‘The Golden Triangle’/’F’ pattern
- How search engines work
- Keyword research
- How to mine for keywords
- Which keywords should you focus on?
- Competitor analysis
- Quality content and copywriting
- Where to put keywords, page titles, description meta tags, headings, copy, links and images
- How to use keywords effectively
- Site design issues
- Link building
- How link popularity works
- Link acquisition tactics
- How to maximise the power of links
- Principles of link building – priorities for kudos and link reputation
- PageRank and how it works
- Giving outbound links
- SEO for social media
- Blogs, RSS feeds, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and multimedia content
- Accurate tracking for ongoing success
- How to stay out of trouble with the search engines
- Future innovations that could affect your ranking.
This course was previously called Search Engine Optimisation.
Note that most of our short courses can also be run as in-company events.
- Dates: 28 November 2013
- Duration: A one-day course
- Price: £385+VAT
- A number of discounts are available