Benefits of National Occupational Standards
For employees and freelancers, the Standards provide:
- a means for recognising ability
- a means for determining gaps in knowledge, experience and skills
- an objective process for identifying training needs
- performance indicators and a guide to effectiveness and efficiency.
For employers, the Standards offer:
- a means assessing objectively occupational competence, including knowledge and understanding of the subject
- a guide for job descriptions and recruitment requirements
- a basis for staff appraisals
- a systematic approach to analysing training needs
- the opportunity to improve overall company performance by developing a better trained, better equipped and more effective workforce.
One of the most valuable uses of the Occupational Standards is in the assessment of a person's performance within a particular job. Because the Standards are based on the industry's requirements for ability, skills and knowledge, they provide an objective and directly relevant measure for employers and employees alike.
|← Standards News||Assessment of Performance →|